Your due date is fast approaching and you want to be ready to walk out that door when labor starts. As someone who LOVES lists and always over packs, I have reduced the amount of things that I recommend to only the essentials. As a Doula I see so many bags being brought in and only a few things that are actually needed. Obviously, you do you and take all that makes you comfortable.
Here is a checklist of things you may want to take along to the hospital during labor.
- Don’t forget the car seat! Have it installed and ready to use by week 36
- Your birthplan. Have at least 3 copies along.
- -Id, insurance card & Wallet
- Extra hair ties
- Fan or white noise machine
- Robe or a pj shirt that opens in the front
- Nursing bra or tank
- Comfy clothes for postpartum ( plan to still wear pregnancy clothes for a bit)
- Cell phone, chargers & extension cords
- All the items you plan to use for comfort measures
- Nipple cream
- Breast pads
- Drinks & lots of snacks
- Your comfy pillows and blankets
- Depends are so amazing and comfortable
- Going home outfit and blanket for baby
- boppy (or just an extra pillow for breastfeeding support)
Hospitals provide….. Diapers, wipes, blankets, pads, mesh undies, & peri bottle.
Comfort Items I carry in my Doula bag to births.
- Battery operated tea lights
- Oils and diffuser
- Massage lotion and tools
- Honey sticks
- Hard candies
- Hand held fan
What are your must have's for your labor bag?