WHAT IS A DOULA
I have so many folks ask me, "what is a doula? I've never heard of it!". The name “Doula” is a Greek word that means “Woman’s Servant.” Doulas are trained professionals that assist women before, during and after childbirth.
Studies have shown mothers using doulas benefit from:
- Shorter labor with fewer complications
- Reduced need for interventions
- Decreased C-section rates
- Reduced stress and anxiety in mother and/or partner
Each Doula works very differently. We come from different places and training's and so what I offer to my clients may be different than what someone else is offering to their clients. I can only specifically speak about what I offer. Hiring me as your doula means you are hiring a professional who is there just for you.
I am a Certified Professional Doula, Placenta Encapsulator, and Childbirth educator. I am independent and self-employed. I work for you, not your caregiver or hospital. I am only a text or call away and am here for any/all questions or concerns and give you evidence-based information
Clientele is limited, allowing me to offer the best service to your family.
So what is it like to have me in the birth room?
My role as a Doula is to acknowledge and support the right and autonomy of my client.
Having me as your Doula means having someone who knows your goals for birth, knows what your birth plan is, and will actively advocate for you!
Do you like the idea of having someone show Dad ways to support you, hush beeping machines, offer soothing words, encourage, answer questions, calm your fears, normalize the birth process, dim the lights, get warm blankets, brush your hair, show all the ways to use a birth and peanut ball, squeeze hips, apply counter-pressure to your back, I do all this and so much more.
A little about me...
- I took my training to become a Professional Doula in Jan 2018 and became a Certified Birth Doula in Feb 2019. Education is important to me & I'm continually training to receive more education.
- In 2019 I took my training and received my certification to be a Professional Placenta Encapsulator.
- In 2020 I took The Advanced Doula Workshop learning all about how to advocate for my clients. Advocacy does not mean animosity! Communication is the key to all good relationships.
- In 2020 I completed the Keeping Your Power® workshop.
- In May 202o I became a Certified Virtual Doula.
- In April 2021 I started midwifery school.
- I have taken 2 Birth Doula training's, Spinning Babies workshop, Rebozo workshop, Evidence-Based Birth training, and so many online courses! I love learning!
- I'm married to the love of my life and we have been blessed with 1 daughter and 2 sons.
- I believe that birth is a natural, normal process in which God designed & created our bodies, and under healthy circumstances, we are capable of carrying and birthing our babies.
- I'm lost without a to-do list!
- Essential oils are a huge part of our lives and our first line of defense for all needs.
- I am flexible, easy-going, calm, and non-judgmental.
- Coffee...I LOVE it...give me all the coffee!
- I have attended a variety of births.... VBACs, Epidurals, Natural births, Twins, Cesarean births, Water-births, High-risk births, Home Births, Induced births, IVF, Clients over 40, Single parents & Teen parents.
What's the next step?
The first step is to set up an appointment for a free initial consultation. When you decide to hire me, a doula/client contract is signed, a down payment is made, and your place is reserved in my calendar.
Click the button below or
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 478-952-2886
I Accept the Following:
-All major Credit cards
-Health Savings Account Cards
-Gift Certificates are also available
Have questions or wanna chat?Please reach out!